Title

Looking for a blog about makeup, skin care, fashion, reviews & random ramblings? Well my friend, you've come to the right place.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Getting back in shape! Adios sugar & fat, hellloooo MyFitnessPal!

For about 7 years I've struggled with my weight.  Last December I finally buckled down and started to change my eating habits since I would be getting married that April.  I lost 30 pounds in 4 months from JUST cutting down my sugar intake to 26 grams a day and keeping my sodium under 1500 mg per day, I know it sounds cheesy but the weight literally melted off.  My husband and I went on our honeymoon that April for 2 weeks, then 3 weeks later went on a week long cruise with my whole family. Yikes.  My body got used to NOT having so much sugar during my 4 months of eating right.  The trips really did me in.  I was getting back into my old eating habits. Things seemed to always be happening that I couldn't get back into my "eating right routine." Before I knew it, the holidays were here (we alllll know what that means! LOL) Now it's April, I'm 10 pounds heavier than I was last year and 20 pounds away from my goal weight.  Enough is enough! I'm ready to feel good about myself again and not be embarrassed to wear shorts or show my arms! 

I used MyFitnessPal (they also have an app for you Android or iPhone) constantly and that really helped me monitor my sugar, sodium & fat intake.  I absolutely love it.  You can input recipes that you are making & it will give you all the nutritional information. I usually always find the food I'm eating in their database.  I especially love the forums, there's one where people post their favorite recipes. I usually spend Sunday going through the forum for recipes then planning my weekly shopping trip off of that! It's like a weight-loss social media site! I am getting back into using that again, if you are a member, please feel free to add me! My user name is: marinamoreno 

I always struggle with breakfast because I despise breakfast foods...I don't care for bacon, eggs, sausage, hash browns...nada! My mornings consist of protein shakes which I get tired of quickly.  I love cooking dinner and lunches for my husband and I so that's usually simple for me (Breakfast ideas...anyone???)

My biggest fear right now is getting over the "hump" as I like to call it.  That time where my body literally goes into withdraws for sugar and icky foods.  Headaches, mood swings, it's not cute. BUT I know once I get past that, my body doesn't even miss the junk anymore.  

So here it goes...today, April 30th, I weigh 171.5 pounds.  My goal is to feel better, look better & eat better, as well as losing 20 pounds. Hopefully putting this out there for the world to see will motivate me even more!

I'd love to hear from you all! Favorite recipes, tips, tricks, words of motivation! Anyone else out there trying to get into a healthier lifestyle? 

Until next time,
Marina - mCubedMakeup

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! I believe in you!

    -Letitia Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl~! Let's get healthy. I'm getting into a way healthier lifestyle and love it. I've never had so much energy without a 5 gallon bucket of coffee in me. It feels great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...