Title

Looking for a blog about makeup, skin care, fashion, reviews & random ramblings? Well my friend, you've come to the right place.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

Earlier this month I finally received a MyGlam bag, there was really only 2 products that piqued my curiosity...this conditioner and the Cover Duo Concealer by Sheer...I wasn't planning on reviewing all of the products, but if you all would like to see one, just let me know! What was included in MyGlam Bag:

  • Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner (can be purchased here)
  • The Balm's Hot Ticket Nail Polish in Sky Blue Right Past You (full size)
  • Freeman Facial Peel-Off Cucumber Mask  (full size)
  • Cover Duo Concealer by Sheer <--love! (full size) 
Sweet Almond Cleansing Conditioner 
Now for my review...I was really confused about this "cleansing conditioner" because well, the name is a bit confusing! I read the back and the instructions say to rinse, then apply to scalp, add a splash of water and lather for 1-3 minutes.  I think it was the "rinse" part that got me a little confused because I wasn't sure if I was supposed to use shampoo first or just rinse my dirty hair with water.  I did a little research online and found out that this takes place of your shampoo. Hm. Interesting. I normally have very oily roots and dry ends so I was nervous about using something called a conditioner on my scalp. I applied it to my scalp and it smelt sooo good! I loved the smell.  There was no lather because this item doesn't contain sodium laurel sulfate and harsh detergents but it does contain antibacterial & astringent properties to ensure the hair is cleaned.  I guess I'm just so used to lathering up that I felt my hair wasn't really clean.  I started rinsing and it was very soft at first, but then after it was completely rinsed out it felt...weird...very heavy and tangled...I thought maybe I didn't get all of it out so I rinsed some more but it just kept feeling heavier and more tangled. After I dried and styled I noticed my hair felt really oily, like a heavy oil.  I can already tell that by the end of the night my hair is going to be a grease-ball.  I'm not impressed.  I don't know if it's because my hair is on the thinner side or what but I definitely won't be using this again. My roots feel very dirty and my ends feel like straw.  I love hair care so I was really hoping this would work for me, especially because I LOVED the scent. This may just be one of those products that isn't for everyone.  Have you tried any Wen by Chaz Dean products?  What do you think of them?

Until next time,
Marina - mCubedMakeup

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried mine yet, thanks for a great review. I'll try it and see how it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! Come back and let me know what you think of the conditioner after you try it. Have an awesome day!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...