Title

Looking for a blog about makeup, skin care, fashion, reviews & random ramblings? Well my friend, you've come to the right place.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Essence Cosmetics Review

First post since getting back to reality...ahem...I mean, back from vacation :) I was sent 3 items that are new to Essence Cosmetics to try out about a week before my trip.  I decided to save them and take them with me to use during our vacation! I hadn't heard of this brand before and did some research, I was LOVING their prices and especially loving the fact that they DO NOT test on animals!!!!!!! I just wish my small little town had a place that sold them! You can purchase Essence Cosmetics products from Ulta, HEB & Fred Meyer! 

First item is their new Get Big Lashes Volume Boost Mascara ($3.49)...I was skeptical. I don't usually wear waterproof mascara because it's so difficult to get off AND the formula never seems to be as great.  
 Look at the size of the tube compared to the NYC tube! Wow!
 This brush reminds me soo much of Benefit's Bad Gal Lash, it's a very full THICK brush.  
 I was really surprised with this because I'm so picky with mascaras.  First thing I did was get it on my eyelid (DOH) the brush is massive...I usually place the brush at my lash line and wiggle it up, I can't really do that with this brush because it will get on your lid.  You have to be very careful with it! This makes my lashes look very dark & thick.  I didn't notice much lengthening but that's okay with me since I've got the length, not volume.  I used this all week and not once did I notice any flakes (YAY!) I wear glasses 50% of the time so my lashes are constantly touching the lenses causing mascara to flake off.  Removal was just as simple as any other mascara, I used my Indie Lee The Cleanser and it came right off! Another thing that I wasn't used to is that this formula is considered a "wet" formula.  I usually like "drier" mascara formulas, I feel like it helps give me more volume so I was excited that I was able to try a new formula and actually like it!
Essence Cosmetics also has 2 other new Get Big mascaras: Volume Boost $2.99 (non waterproof) & Volume Curl $2.99 (non waterproof) 
I plan on purchasing the Volume Curl to try out when I need a new mascara! Best of both worlds :)

Second item that was sent is their Colour & Shine Eyeshadow in Trip To Venus. This was right up my alley! I love me some shimmer & shine! This leans more on the silvery, frosty side which was perfect because it made an absolutely gorgeous highlighting color! I used it on cheekbones, brow bone & on the inner corners of my eyes. The formula is super smooth with very little (if any) fall out. These remind me of little mini MAC Mineralize Skin Finishes! The pricing makes this easy to obtain all 8 shades! These are at Ulta for $2.99!!!!
 Look at that gorgeous veining! 
Here's a swatch directly on my finger, you can see it does have pink in it, but it's very frosty...almost silver!
 This is swatched onto my hand. When the light hits it right you can see the bit of pink in it! Gorgeous!

The last item is their new Colour & Go Quick Drying Polish.  I was sent the color A Lovely Secret...perfect for spring! It's a really fun creme lavender with hints of dark purple/pink sparkles! I needed two coats for this to completely cover and it did exactly as the name says; dries fast!  These are only $0.99!!! Crazy right! They have some really great colors to add to your collection.

Such a flattering color!

All in all, I am very impressed with this line, the price points make it that much more enticing to me.  It's not often you can find a line that has such affordable prices with amazing quality! I even placed an order online at Ulta so I can try out some more from this brand! 

Until next time,
Marina - mCubed Makeup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...