Title

Looking for a blog about makeup, skin care, fashion, reviews & random ramblings? Well my friend, you've come to the right place.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Nail The B.y.t.c.h Swatch & Review

Hey beauties!  Today I have a fun nail polish review for you!  Lanaia from Nail The B.y.t.c.h sent me a polish to try out!  I was so excited because I had looked over the site and was in love with the adorable packaging, names & colors!  After I read what "b.y.t.c.h" stood for I just had to know more!  The website states that b.y.t.c.h = Be Your True Creative Heroine...isn't that awesome?! This line was started by 2 cousins, Jennifer & Lanaia from Chicago in 2010. I love what this line stands for! All polishes are 3 free, which means they are formulated without formaldehyde, DBP & toluene (yay!)
I picked out the color Tasty Pasty's (told you the names were awesome!)
Seriously, isn't it adorable?! 
Such a fun spring color! (Those are
my fingers btw...they are manly LOL)

When I first applied this to my nails, it applied like a normal creme polish except the formula was VERY thin...it started dripping into the sides of my nails :(  The picture is after 2 coats.  The first coat was really streaky, I wouldn't of been able to get away with just 1 coat. I added a top coat because the finished color just wasn't as shiny as I would've liked it.  It did take a lot longer to fully dry because of the amount I had to put on my nails.

I had it on for just a short 8 hours when the middle finger on my left hand peeled off! Like, completely peeled away :( so bummed! I don't know if I should've tried it with a base coat or what. A little after that another finger chipped...it hadn't even been a full day.

Since this chipped so quickly, I don't see myself purchasing a back up.

This color, plus 9 others can be purchased from the Nail The B.y.t.c.h website by clicking here
These sell for $6 each are the same size as OPI & China Glaze polishes.


1 comment:

  1. awesome idea for company name! and great review, on this pic is obviously that its very thin. too bad, love this pastel color

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...