Title

Looking for a blog about makeup, skin care, fashion, reviews & random ramblings? Well my friend, you've come to the right place.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Eyeshadow Primer - My "Frienemie"

So I've been priming my eyelids for about 8 years now, it's just second nature when I do my makeup. I've tried SO many different primers from high end to drug store.  The one I've stuck with the longest and always seem to go back to is the cult-favorite Urban Decay's Primer Potion.  I've been one of the lucky ones and never really had to worry about creasing, I used my eyeshadow primers for one purpose: brighter colors.  Recently, everything I do, my shadow creases! I've never had this problem! I've been switching between Urban Decay's Primer Potion (original) & Too Faced Shadow Insurance (original & Candlelight)...two of the best, right? For me, wrong. So now I begin my "Eyeshadow Primer Journey." Wanna join? Hopefully it won't be too long of a journey ;)

What are YOUR favorite primers? Least favorite? 

Until next time,
Marina - mCubed Makeup

4 comments:

  1. I really like the Body Shop primers for helping makeup stay all day but L'oreal studio secrets for matting the skin and smoothing the surface! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frankie,

      Thank you! I've never tried anything from the Body Shop except for their Bath & Body products! I think I will order one to try out. Thank you so much for your suggestions!!!! <3

      Marina

      Delete
  2. I've never used a true eyeshadow primer, believe it or not. I want to try Too Faced Shadow Insurance, but I'm waiting for a good sale (: I usually just layer a lot of product on my lids to keep the creasing down: NYX Jumbo Pencil, then Maybelline Color Tattoo, then a powder eyeshadow. And I find that by using small amounts of each, I can really keep the color going! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Color Tattoos! Those are so amazing! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will come out with more colors in the future. I have a few NYX Jumbo Pencils, I never think to use them, I'm going to use them tomorrow :) Thank you so much for reading!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...