Title

Looking for a blog about makeup, skin care, fashion, reviews & random ramblings? Well my friend, you've come to the right place.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Five-Faves-Friday Vol 5

Goood morning beautiful (and handsome) readers! I have had such an amazing week via Twitter & YouTube & here! I feel so loved by you all and the feeling is definitely mutual ;) 
I truly wish I could give each and every one of you reading this a huuuuuge hug.  I'm also very excited because my amazing friend Lauren over at http://laurenslodown.blogspot.com/ just started her blog.  Her posts are hilarious, I am so happy for her!

This week I have 2 food-related items & 3 beauty items (woot woot)

Spaghetti Squash
Photo Credit - fabulousfoods.com
Now in a few of my previous posts I've mentioned what a picky eater I am, I also forgot to tell you that I despise vegetables.  When I discovered this squash I didn't know it was a vegetable (DOH!) I went to Farmer's (a little grocery store in town) & randomly picked a squash.  I got home & spent hours of online research trying to figure out the best way to cook it.  I settled for the microwave (I can post how I prepare my squash if anyone is interested). We eat ours with red sauce (or gravy, for you gorgeous Italians!) and parmesan cheese...I really forgot how much I missed it until we had it for dinner this week! Mmmmmm! I always feel so healthy after eating this! It tastes just like spaghetti sans carbs! Voila!

Coffee-Mate Pumpkin Spice Creamer

Photo Credit - walmart.com
Puuuuuummpkiiiin spiiiice, oooh how I love yooooou! (that was a song, I just made it up) I'm a Keurig lover & not a fan of flavored coffee. This makes any coffee taste like magic in a cup.  I went to a grocery store here in town and bought the last two (powdered creamers) they had for the season! This stuff is so amazing! I use it every single day in my coffee! When I'm feeling real funky, I'll make it in iced coffee (I'm fancy) I'm trying to come up with a plan when I run out in a few months...I won't be able to go until October without my Pumpkin Spice Creamer!!!!

Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena Moisturizing Soap
Photo Credit - bathandbodyworks.com
In the summer, I'm an avid couponer. Last summer I picked up like 25 bars of soap (which I was paid to take out of the store...woot woot) so I learned how to make my own hand soap with these bars of body soap! Very domestic of me, right?! Well, I noticed my jug was empty so I was searching around and found this baby under my sink! I used to use these ALL the time! Every time B&BW would have a sale I would leave with a bag full of the soaps. I am obsessed with staying clean & germ free so I wash my hands about...eh....72 times a day. It really dries them out! Well when I used this I forgot how moisturizing this hand soap is! PLUS it smells like summer! Mmmmmm!

Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss
Photo Credit - target.com

 I sent my fab friend Lauren a goody box and stumbled upon these.  I've seen them on all the forums, blogs, review sites etc., but never tried them.  I picked up 2 in Peach Kiss, one for me & one for her.  I got in the car & tried this...EEEK! I love! It's as if a lipstick, gloss & lip balm had a baby! It's a really pretty peachy nude color. Very flattering! I've used it almost every day this week.  They are super affordable, I plan on picking up every color when my Target restocks. Plus, how cute is the tube?!

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
Photo Credit - hairbb.com
I will start this off by saying what a skeptic I was about this...I know it's a "cult-favorite" but I just couldn't bring myself to pay $20 for something like this and risk it not even being that great! Well...my amazing friend Debbie in South Korea sent me this (AHHH!) and turned me into a Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler fanatic! This thing makes my lashes curl so beautifully and it actually stays all day! You can just feel what a high quality item this is when you're holding it. I absolutely love love love this! 

So lovelies, have you tried Spaghetti Squash? Used Baby Lips? I'd love to hear from you guys! Reading your comments make me smile!

Until next time,
Marina - mCubed Makeup

2 comments:

  1. -Firstly... thanks for the shot out! :D
    -and OK> I need to know about this Squash Spaghetti. teach me everything. I want to make it.
    -OMG have you tried coffee mate's peppermint mocha flavor?! its my fave! but once in a while because then I'll get sick of it.
    -I've said "It's as if a lipstick, gloss & lip balm had a baby!" these exact words about Revlon Lip Butters.
    -now I'm hungry......the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spaghetti squash!! I always make it with meat sauce! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...